Friday, October 9, 2009

One of those Days! UGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ever have one of those day, you know the kind that make you wish you had never gotten out of bed! You know the Calgon take me away days.


You know the ones that make you wish you could hop on a plane and get away to a warm secluded beach alone! NO KIDS NO HUBBY! and No One staring at your bathing suit! :)

Well yesterday was that day for me!

I had great intentions for Thursday my laundry was almost done (and put away) it was rainy and dreay but I wasn't gonna let that bring me down as we all know intention doesn't determine destination (or something like that)Anyway I was putting the last load inand our sweet (HA) youngest child KJ had decided earlier this week she wanted to clean and reorganize her room on her own. Lets just say it's not working out so well! I yelled and threw things and cried!

It was not pretty! So I am asking my sweet KJ for forgiveness, and will work harder today to make my intentions and my path for today to be the same!

I can always tell when I've put God on the back burner, or allowed busyness to take over my life. How do I find that balance? First I know I need to intentionally be in God's word and that has been scarce this week. Don't get me wrong I've been reading a lot of "GOOD" for you books but I haven't dove into His word and allowed it to really speak to me! So I am determined to do that each day! I am reading through James and praying that my heart and mind will be opened to the truths in this book of scripture. Have you read James lately, it's like a little kick in the but! (EXACTLY what I need!)

So here is something I read this morning : James 1:22-24 Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like. So my bible has a note on this particular passage of scripture and it says: It is important to listen to what God's word says, but it is much more important to obey it, to do what it says. We can measure the effectiveness of our Bible Study time by the effect it has on our behavior and attitudes.

WOW! Guess my behavior (yelling, throwing etc..) and attitude aren't being a very good example to my children or others around me! So the only way to make this a reality for me is to be in the Word, studying it absorbing it, living it!

So I have no other words of wisdom, I gotta go read some more in James!

Have a Beautiful Day!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment