Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sparkly Shoes, Late Nights, and a Great Friend....

The Sparkly Shoes Matched the Hat Perfectly! : (Thank You Randa for the shoes)


So Last Weekend I traveled to Roach, Mo to Windermere Baptist Conference Center for a Women's Retreat, and I have to tell you I had a blast! I was to meet my bestest friend Rebekah at this retreat, she is currently stationed at Ft. Hood! On our way we get the news about the shootings at Ft. Hood and knowing Rebekah is only about an hour away from the conference center and more than 10 hours from home, I can only imagine what she is feeling knowing her three precious girls are back @ Ft. Hood without their mommy or daddy(he is away at training). I get a hold of her girls and their amazing live in nanny (Tori)and find them to be shaken but OK and safe. I couldn't get ahold of Rebekah, no cell service for her. So I prayed, and prayed, and prayed some more... this was a perfect opportunity for KJ and MR C to see prayer at work, since they were with us, and for them to pray as well. I finally get a hold of Rebekah and she is understandably freaked out. We arrive an hour or so later and I find Rebekah. You know God is so good to use us when we least expect it. I was able to bring a little comfort to her until we could get some news about the situation back at Ft. Hood. So I wasn't sure how this would affect the retreat weekend, but God is so good and we had an amazing time! I met some new friends, stayed up way to late, and ate way to much food, and learned some new things! Like Psalm 118 is the exact middle Chapter in the Bible... The longest chapter is Psalm 119, the Shortest Psalm 117... Pretty cool huh! Ok so Here are some pictures, Hope you Enjoy them: Rebekah:

The Chapel:

A View from the Top:



Making New Friends:



Jeans N Jewels Banquet:

Rebekah and Me:


In all I had a Fabulous time, came home refreshed, a little bruised and exhausted but it was so worth it!

Have a Beautiful Day!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment