Monday, April 19, 2010

What I've been up to lately!

Hello Blog world!  So I have had a few busy weeks, with the Women's Retreat, and MR C and KJ in the Community Theater production of Alice in Wonder Land Jr.  but with all that I've still been able to craft a little! :)  I like crafts!  But I really love Quick Crafts!  I have found a few that I liked on some other Blogs the first resulted in only one injury, and I did not get any blood on  it I promise!  It did hurt!  I made this really cute: http://the-wilson-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/ribbon-and-pearls.html Check out her blog for some easy to follow directions on how to make it! 
I am not sure the picture really shows how cute this necklace and bracelet are!  I had so much fun I am thinking of making my mom one for mothers day (shhhh!), and maybe another to give away at the next Women's Ministry Dinner & a Movie (June 4th)


Then I found this really cute http://brownpaper--packages.blogspot.com/2009/12/purse-sized-photo-brag-book.html this is a gift for my mom for mothers day, and we made them last night in Girls Group.  I gotta tell you the middle school girls loved them! And they were so easy to make you just need a few basic supplies, all things you can get at Wal-Mart  (See the pictures below)






First go to Wal-Mart and get some Badge/Id holders ($1.88 for a package of 12), then gather your other supplies like ribbon, scissors, scrapbook paper, pictures... I used a business card as a template to cut my scrapbook paper.  Decorate to your liking.  After you've made as many cards and placed them in the Badge/Id holders stack them together and use ribbon to keep them connected. Like this:

I can't show you the inside, my mom might be reading the blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise! 

Ok here are a few photo's of the Musical: 




Gosh they make a momma proud! 
Have a Beautiful Day!

Christina

2 comments:

  1. Your necklace and bracelet turned out so cute! I bought a few different color combos too...I just haven't gotten around to making them yet! Thanks for sharing your pics and for the linky love:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! I like the crafts!

    ReplyDelete