Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One in a Million!

I am currently taking a Women's Bible Study right now called One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer. Check out or weekly updates on it here at the FBC Women's Ministry Blog .  Anyway today as I was reading my daily reading several things really hit home with me so I though I'd share them here!  I am excited for class tomorrow so I can share them with the group of women.  First some background, this study is about the  Isrealites 40 year journey through the Wilderness after Pharoh realeased them from slavery.  Exodus  So this week we are talking about how God led the Isrealites through the wilderness, not as a punishment but to help them.  All to often we (me especially) look at these wilderness times in our lives and complain, or wonder why me!?!  As I  am reading this book, and reading the Bible, I am really starting to understand that those wilderness times in my life were to grow me, to stretch me, and that's not such a bad thing.  I tend to focus on the fact that I am in the wilderness, and I fail to see the oasis.  God promises that He wil be with us, but we forget that he says he will refresh us as well Psalm 23:2-3 .  God Loves you (and me) and has not forgotten you... He will never lead you into a place that will not work toward accomplishing His purpose for you.  Jeremiah 29:11      So Keep on marching, keep yor head up and know that you will be brought out of the wilderness, and the Lord will give you all you need.  Philippians 4:19  

Consider this prayer as a tool to help you in your wilderness journey:

God:  According to Philippians 4:19 I believe that you will meet all of my needs according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  Lord, thank You that You are a shield around me.  You are my glory and the lifter of my head (Psalm 3:3). As I journey, Lord, please reveal Your Love for me that according to Ephesians 3:17-20, surpasses knowledge and fills life with Your fullness.  Thank You for being able to do immeasurably more than I can ask.  In Christ Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Have a Beautiful Day!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment