Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Wow 2012 is here! I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!  We did! We had a much needed break from school, work, everything and went to Ohio to visit my Family!    We had 10 wonderful days there, it did snow for a few minutes one day but otherwise the weather was beautiful! We got  to spend time with family and even catch up with some friends!  It was a great visit! When we got home the hubby and I moved our room from the basement to upstairs (and now I have lots of project ideas, and some purging to do!) (I have all year right!)  KJ, the Hubby and I went out for a nice dinner then rented some movies from Redbox, and that is how we rang in the new year!(I know so very exciting!)   MR C was with some friends!  Today we had church and heard from some missionaries from Africa! (I will go there one day!) Rick and Anita Gutierrez are Doctors who help with the Aids epidemic in Africa, check them out here!  After church we went out to lunch with some friends, and back home to watch more movies and get ready for this week!  Of course I made some new years resolutions/goals for the year and over dinner we as a family talked about all that we resolved to do and or change this year! So what are mine you ask! OK I will share them! 

~*~Eat Healthy/Exercise~*~
* I joined weight watchers! 
*Go to the YMCA 3 times a week!

~*~Grow in my Bible Knowledge~*~
*Reading through the Bible in a year plan with youversion.com 
*I am starting a Women's Bible Study (Beth Moore's A Women's Heart!) this week!

~*~Journaling~*~
*Daily
*Blogging weekly here at Ohmomma, as well as on the Girls Blog, and the Women's Blog

~*~ Be Better~*~
*with my time
*with my resources
*with people



In Today's Bible reading this verse stood out:  

Luke 6:26

The Message (MSG)
 26"There's trouble ahead when you live only for the approval of others, saying what flatters them, doing what indulges them. Popularity contests are not truth contests—look how many scoundrel preachers were approved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular.

That's what I want this year to be true to God, what He has called me to and what he is asking of me!  I want to be obedient to God! I know when I am obedient God will bless it!

Tonight's sunset was a great reminder to me!  This picture below is what I saw out my window tonight!  





Have a Beautiful Day!  (and a Happy New Year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment